Be honest . . . when you use emojis that show an expression, do you find yourself making that same facial expression? Have you been caught texting and someone asks you laughingly, “Why are you making that face?!”
Emojis are a great tool to have in your back pocket. Consider the possibilities for using emojis and the power they bring for branding and communication. Utilizing an emoji in social media posts can enhance your caption, provide a breath of fresh air, and attract followers to the content you are sharing.
One study found that using emojis in a Facebook post can increase the number of likes by 57 percent and the number of comments and shares by 33 percent. That’s huge! This type of engagement helps your Facebook posts be seen by more people. If this doesn’t make sense, you may want to check out this blog that explains the Facebook algorithm.
With nearly 2,900 emojis currently existing, we want to share some great examples in which these fun icons can be used to amplify any message we want to transmit and the story we wish to celebrate.
- Science Experiments – Adding an equation of emojis can be so powerful to enhance any science experiment happening within the walls of your district. Check out this cute one below which portrays what a plant needs to survive.
- Simple Bullets – Utilizing bullet points can help content stand out within your caption. This enhances readability for your followers.
- Hearts – Utilizing a simple heart that represents your school colors can help spread the love in your caption. Positivity is infectious!
- Thumbs up or hand symbols – Giving your students and staff a thumbs up or high five to illustrate how proud you are of them helps followers interact with your post, too. Add a little tidbit to your caption to promote follower engagement in the comments section below with these simple hand gestures.
- Music Concerts/Musical Performances – Adding some music notes in your concert posts can be a cute addition.
- Seasons – snow (winter) , flowers (spring), sun (summer)
Accentuate the time of the year with seasonal emojis.
- Animal Emojis – Add some creativity to your post with cute little animal emojis. There are a plethora of choices!
- Honors – Medals
Highlight your students’ accomplishments with an extra emoji medal to showcase their achievements.
- Spice up your voice – check out this cute example where the caption fits the emoji. Many times there is an opportunity to use more than one!
- Use an emoji in place of a word. Check out these perfect examples!
- You can use certain emojis that are well-known, universal and common symbols too!
- Sports – Whether it be running, softball, baseball, gymnastics, bowling….there is a large group of sports symbols to choose from.
- Food – And who doesn’t like a good emoji that represents food? Pies, pizza, cake, spaghetti…you name it!
- Flags – Celebrate the connections your district has with other countries by grabbing a flag emoji.
- And if you are really lucky….you might just have a school logo for an emoji!
Emojis are not just for text messages anymore! There are so many options, so you can surely find something that fits. Be creative, have fun, and include an emoji in your next post! Share your example below.
Yours in social media,
Stephanie Sinz 🙂
A guest post from Stephanie Sinz, our #SS4EDU Chief People Officer. A former elementary teacher who now collaborates with both her #SS4EDU colleagues and their partner school districts to celebrate the amazing things that happen in education. “Our shared commitment to spreading positive news about schools is an exciting and much-needed aspect of the educational process — let’s all celebrate the awesome!”