The first day of school is certainly a busy one. But with all of the smiles and excitement, it is one of the most ideal days to catch on social media!
So how can you find the time to balance it?
How about this list of ideas that will take you less than 30 seconds!
- Put a team of students from your yearbook staff on assignment for photos of kids arriving to school. Give them access to post directly onto your social media pages. Instagram works great to push it out to your Facebook and Twitter feeds directly.
- Ask parents to share their back-to-school pictures on your Facebook page. You can simply share those photos with a click of a button.
- Take video of a few kids throughout the day with your cell phone and ask them this simple question, “What is the best thing about the first day of school?” Directly post these videos on your Facebook and Twitter accounts. The answer might be just seven seconds long; that is perfect.
- Ask students with Instagram accounts to include your custom hashtag in their first day selfies. Folks typing in your hashtag will instantly see a pile of photos and it didn’t take you and time!
- Request that each teacher take a selfie with their class and include what they missed most about their students. They can e-mail those to your social media person (or team) to post throughout the day.
- Make a morning announcement saying that you’re looking for video predictions about what students will learn in the next year. Tell them you’ll accept them via e-mail or a social media post. A small prize could be awarded, but sometimes just being declared the winner is enough.
- Ask businesses to provide a shout-out welcoming the kids back to school. You can share those posts to your page.
You are going to have an awesome year! As one of my mentors, Dr. Joe Sanfelippo says, you can change the culture 30 seconds at a time.