“Who are you quoting?”
Just one of the thought-provoking comments from Brian Woodland at this summer’s virtual summer camp event here at #SS4EDU. Brian is a passionate advocate of public schools who spent an hour talking about inclusion. He encouraged us to find joy in inclusion as public relations and social media experts.
So who are you quoting? Where do you find your best quotes, beyond the traditional ones from DWM (Dead White Men)? Below you will find 20 inspirational quotes to use in your #MotivationalMonday posts. We hope you are inspired to search for more!
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
- When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful – Malala Yousafzai
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
- Everyday has the potential to be the greatest day of your life. – Lin Manuel Miranda
- It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. – Audre Lorde
- A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. – Mother Teresa
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. – Helen Keller
- If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can make the world safe for diversity. – John F Kennedy
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live. – John Adams
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
- If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more. – Erica Jong
- You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.- Galileo Galilei
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. – Jane Goodall
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new. – Socrates
- A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. – Colin Powell
- Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. – Desmond Tutu
Do you have more inspirational quotes that you have used? We’d love to see you share them below!
And make sure you never miss a tip, trick, or nudge of encouragement from the team here at #SocialSchool4EDU. Sign up for our newsletter here.
A guest post from Heidi Feller, our Chief Inspirational Officer. She is a former teacher and district website/social media coordinator, but now she spends her days inspiring the #SocialSchool4EDU school partners with the encouragement they need to tell their story. In her own words, “Our teachers and students knock their socks off learning and growing each school day and the world needs to know about it!”