Facebook is such a great platform to reach your school district’s audience. Parents, teachers, community members, and even students spend time scrolling through their newsfeed on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis.
But schools have to be careful about running this social media platform. They need to be ready to take action on questions like:
- Should we allow people to tag themselves or others in photos?
- Can we block comments from the page?
- What legal issues should we be aware of when posting photos and names of students?
- What constitutes a “successful” number of fans?
- How can we address unofficial pages that misrepresent our school?
All of these questions and more are answered by myself in this post by Jay Cooper on Campus Suite’s Education Blog.