- Today’s guest has spent 33 years in education and has only recently retired to coach teachers and leaders. Dr. Matthew Murphy believes in the power of social media and shares many examples in our interview.
- Why are some leaders so fearful of social media? Matthew believes there are two main reasons and explains them in detail. This is really helpful for those listeners who struggle with getting some of their own administrators on board.
- The Profile of a Graduate program was an important initiative at Ramsey School District in New Jersey, but without good communication, it would have just sat on a shelf. Matthew shares examples of how they used social media to continually communicate the program to the community.
- Social media and smiling kids are great, but the “why” behind each activity, lesson, or experience is the most important. Let your followers know why you’re doing what you’re doing!
Matthew J. Murphy, Ed. D.
Ramsey Public Schools, New Jersey
- Profile of a Graduate from Ramsey School District:
Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!
Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here
Leave a Reply