Not many school communicators take on the role of “director” at the age of 23. But in this episode, you’re going to meet one!
IN THIS EPISODE, NICOLE EXPLAINS:
- How her dream career in journalism led her to a school communications role.
- Who she reached out to for mentorship and professional growth opportunities when she was starting out.
- Why her district was one of the first to adopt Facebook back in 2009.
- What her team does to balance representation of 20 school buildings on social media.
Nicole Kirby, APR
Director of Communication Services
Park Hill School District, MO
President-Elect of NSPRA
Follow Nicole on Twitter: @kirby310
School Website: https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/
- Today’s #K12PRtip blog reference – Top 10 Ways to Start a Post
- Gather feedback from your community – a link to Park Hill Listens on their homepage.
- Their tool of choice – Bang the Table
- Nicole’s first blog for NSPRA on Social Media in 2011 – Lessons from a Corporate Social Media Guru
- Register now for the NSPRA National Seminar – New Orleans. You can attend in-person or virtually. Click here!
- Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!
- Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here