Social media is a powerful communication tool for your district, but there are some unique strategies required when it comes to using it for a referendum or bond campaign.
IN THIS EPISODE, BARB EXPLAINS:
- How social media can be both useful and challenging for school communications.
- Why you should use social media to build trust with your community before you ever have to ask for financial support.
- How the goal of a referendum/bond campaign is not to market or “sell” the support for the question, but rather to inform, engage, and get the facts to your community.
- Specific tips for schools going to the polls in November 2020.
Barbara Nicol Public Relations – Minnesota
Follow Barb on Twitter: @barbnicol
Follow Barb on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarbNicolPR/
- Are Your Social Media Posts Meeting Your Communication Goals?
- Your Referendum To-Do List for Social Media
- Vote Yes! Referendum Secrets from a Winning Campaign
K12PRtip – Free Referendum Checklist for Social Media
- Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here
- Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!