- There are two important components in handling a crisis – having a solid crisis communication plan and then responding to the crisis. Amber breaks down the main components of each one.
- Social media is the key to building trust and showing transparency before a crisis ever happens. Daily posts about student and staff success will help tell your school’s story.
- When should social media be used during a crisis? Amber explains two specific ways that your school should use it.
- Social media can be a powerful tool in recruiting staff. Amber shares some unique approaches in this interview. She also has some amazing resources available in the show notes!
Amber Graham Fitzgerald
Director of Member Engagement
Oklahoma State School Boards Association, Oklahoma
- Amber’s helpful resources:
- The Instagram Bootcamp is now being incorporated into our Membership Program. Learn more about our membership here.
Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!
Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here
Leave a Reply