- Back in 1980, Connie landed her first role in a very new position for schools with Putnam City School District. She remembers back to being the first with an electric typewriter and eventually had one of the district’s first computers!
- Throughout her career, there has been a lot of change, but crisis management has probably been one of the most challenging areas. Connie spends some time talking about how the Norman Public Schools handled the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing.
- Networking is critical, and Connie shares how she first became involved in her state school public relations association, OKSPRA. She shares several tips on getting involved.
- Continuous learning is critical if you want to stay on top of your game! Connie pursued her APR and also obtained a master’s degree when she was in her 50s, proving that it is never too late to learn!
Connie Blaney, APR
CEO- Blaney Communications & PR, Inc.
- National School Public Relations Association
- Find your state chapter – click here
- Interested in our membership program? Learn more here: https://socialschool4edu.com/
Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here