Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up on May 3-9, 2020. If you’re looking for ways to celebrate your teachers, social media is a great spot to start!
Our team here at #SocialSchool4EDU knows that you are under unique circumstances, due to temporary school closure. This means you can’t just go down the hallway to a classroom to grab a cute photo or video of a student saying “thank you” to their teacher.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Today’s blog outlines five quick ideas for celebrating teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Create a Facebook post asking for photo and video submissions from students, families, and former students that show appreciation for teachers. You could also send a direct email to families, to keep things a secret from your teachers. Provide an email address for submissions along with a deadline. Assemble those submissions into a video montage to share later in the week. (Please note: Do not use copyrighted music).
- Search your school’s social media comments from the past several months for remarks about your amazing teachers. Assemble those comments into a video montage along with on-hand photos of the staff members referenced. You could also provide a general “thank you” from your superintendent or principal to include with the post.
Looking for a helpful app to create videos?
- Adobe Premiere Rush (included with Adobe Suite)
- Create a graphic and simply ask followers to showcase their appreciation in the comments below! You could even ask them to tag a favorite teacher, to ensure that the staff member sees it.
- Get help from local business partners and ask them to put a thank you message on their signs or marquees. Once they have the message posted, have each business partner email you a photo so that you can use those messages – along with photos or videos – to create a video or collage.
- Create a virtual spirit week theme around teacher appreciation. Each morning, you could ask a question like these:
- Share a story about a teacher who made an impact on your life.
- We know you listen to your teachers. What’s a famous line that your teacher ALWAYS repeats in class?
- Can you name all of your elementary teachers? Let’s try by commenting below!
- It’s “dress like your teacher day” – show us your photo below.
- Hey followers – we know many of you are educators! Share what you teach, how long you have been working in schools, and what made you want to become an educator.
- Grab your sidewalk chalk and write a message to say “thank you” to your teachers! Post your photo below.
This graphic was from last year, so obviously these don’t work. But creating a graphic like this could work well for social media!
What do you think? Would any of these ideas resonate with your school community? Let us know which idea you choose!