A topic that every school communicator will deal with at some point is the death of a student or staff member. No matter what the cause of death may be, you might be wondering if you should share anything on social media. Listen in to a thoughtful perspective from Josh Burnette, who dealt with three different tragedies in three different ways on social media during 2021.
IN THIS EPISODE, JOSH SHARES:
- His unique path into school communications, which included seven years in the ministry
- How he has used social media to communicate when student deaths have occurred
- What is the most important response he looks for when sharing tragic news
- How he stays on top of his many job responsibilities as a one-person communications department in a school of over 11,500 students.
Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation, Indiana
School Website: https://www.bcscschools.org/
- Sign up now for the Social Media Bootcamp – click here!
- Remembering Lily post on Facebook
- Andrea’s post honoring Hailey
- Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!
- Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here