This week’s guest has implemented a TON of great School PR in a short amount of time. This conversation is going to help every school communicator learn and grow!
IN THIS EPISODE, MOLLY SHARES:
- Her journey into #SchoolPR and how she leads communication efforts as a one-person shop with 23 schools and more than 13,000 students.
- Unique ways to engage your school community using fun social media ideas.
- How she implemented her first Instagram takeover in 2020.
- Why she feels getting connected to other school communicators is so important.
Molly McGowan Gorsuch
Public Information Officer
Henderson County Public Schools (Hendersonville, North Carolina)
Follow Molly on Twitter: @MollyMGorsuch
School Website: https://www.hendersoncountypublicschoolsnc.org/
- Check out the Instagram Takeover Page for Seniors – @HCPS_seniors
- Guess the Bitmoji staff person – Atkinson Elementary post on Facebook and Instagram
- Roary, the stuffed mascot for Sugarloaf Elementary, helped introduce the building and staff to followers. Here is a post in the summer, before students came, and another one in September.
- Of course, #HCPSfamily made our list of 15 Hip #Hashtags for Schools – read about it and other ideas for strong school hashtags here!
- Free Video Training: Learn the simple secrets behind social media for K12 schools!
- Sign up for our free e-newsletter – click here