Back-to-school communication has never been more important. With so much information to share about what, how, where, and why… it can be overwhelming.
You are not alone!
Every school is facing the same dilemma, so today I’m sharing great examples I’ve spotted across the country.
The goal of sharing this blog is threefold. I want to inspire you with ideas for your school’s…
- Campaign – Unifying your message under a campaign slogan can help the entire communication plan. You’ll see 25 different ideas that you could adapt to your school!
- Website – Laying out this much information is not easy. You’ll find great examples, below.
- Content – The options for how to deliver the back-to-school information seem endless. You’ll see videos, subsections, FAQs, printable PDFs, and more. You don’t have to do them all, but seeing examples is helpful!
Let’s get started with some campaign name ideas:
- Back to School Blueprint – Mineral Point, WI
- Bearcat Blueprint: Guide to Reopening Schools – School District of the City of York, PA
- Smart Restart – Grand Forks, ND
- Safely ReuKNIGHTed: Reopening Greenon Schools. OH
- WE are Prepared – Lakota Schools, OH
- Be with BSD: Be with us HERE or Be with us at HOME. – Belton School District, MO
- Port Arthur ISD: Reopen. Reconnect. Reimagine.
- Clark-Shawnee: Plan B(rave)
- Rocket Reentry – Neenah Joint School District, W
- Return to Learn
- Operation Reconnect
- Evolving Together
- Restart Strong
- Pioneer Pathways to Reopening
- Education Migration
- Ready, Set, Learn!
Now, let’s check out some school websites for ideas on layout and content.
The first has a no-frills approach to the name of their campaign and includes a comprehensive video library that you’ll want to check out!
- Reopening Plan Fall 2020 – Grand Rapids Christian Schools, MI
- Safe. Strong. Ready. – Mesa Public Schools, AZ
- Safely Forward – Flagstaff Unified School District, AZ
- Pearland ISD Plan to Proceed – Pearland ISD, TX
- Caddo Strong Start, the Roadmap to Reopening – Caddo Parish Public Schools, LA
- Back Together CCSD21 – CCSD21, IL
- Responsive Return – Chesapeake Public Schools, VA
- Stronger Together – Lexington County School District One, SC
- Ready to Re-Engage (R2R) – EANES ISD, TX
I’m sure there are hundreds of other great examples I could have shared. Does your school have one? Share the campaign slogan or website below!
I know this work isn’t easy, but I’m telling you – you were put in your role with your school for this moment. You have the ability to help families and your staff through this challenging time. I believe in you!